Thoughts on COVID-19 & The Denver Market
|Wow!!! I’m sure you are all feeling a bit bitch-slapped by COVID-19. 45 days ago, none of this was on my radar and, most likely, it wasn’t on yours either. In terms of “real-estate-ing” things are definitely NOT business as usual. Below are some brief bullet points regarding our current way of conducting business. The good news is that market activity is still very much happening-especially below the $1.2 million price point. The rules of real estate are literally changing weekly. As of Tuesday April 7th, the Attorney General’s office mandated that we cannot conduct in person showings. We are working around this with video and Zoom/Facetime walkthroughs. Technology has never been so important!
There are indeed silver linings to these strange times. More family time, less traffic, less pollution, and some more time to reflect and strategize about how we want to truly live our lives. The metaphorical hamster wheel has stopped. I’m finally getting to some projects that I have long put off (like cleaning up my database, cultivating new marketing strategies, and firming up and nurturing my realtor network in other states).
I hope all of you are well and healthy! Please know I’m happy to do a Zoom or old-fashioned call to catch up, share my view on what’s to come to our market, and also outline our current state of affairs. I’m always happy to provide a market analysis for your property as well.
Sending you much love and assurance that I’m still your real estate go-to even in these strange times! Here’s a brief out line regarding how we are currently working.
What We ARE Doing:
- Working Remotely and here to serve our clients as best we can
- Video Property Tours: Editing & publishing video walkthroughs of all of our listings for prospective buyers to review
- Virtual 3D Property Tours: making virtual walkthroughs more engaging for potential buyers – Check out my listings with Virtual Tours
- Coordinating final walkthroughs for our clients (with precautions)
- Coordinating access for appraisers (with precautions)
- Conducting client consultations via Video Conference/Phone Conference Calls
- Confirming all details for closings
- Continually checking in with all parties on pending transactions to ensure no issues have arisen or delays will occur
- Before leaving a property, using anti-bacterial wipes to wipe down light switches & door knobs, kitchen cabinet pulls, etc.
- Tracking the marketplace weekly(please reach out if you want a market update in regards to how it pertains to your home search and/or your current home). As of today prices are holding steady, however absorption is increasing and velocity of sales are slowing(how could they not, right?).