Denver’s Culinary + Craft Beer Pairing Event: BrüFrou
You know you’re on the verge of something epic when it’s the “second annual” of something or another. In this case, it’s the second annual BrüFrou on Saturday, April 25, 2015. The Wings over the Rockies Air & Space Museum in Lowry is hosting this event with 80 Colorado brew masters and chefs pairing beer and food for over 50 dishes.
This is BrüFrou’s “thing” – take local brews and pair them with local restaurant dishes. Last year they had 40 pairings, such as a Belgium Wit from the Denver Beer Co paired with a Dynomite Fish Cake or BBQ Salmon Skewers from Jax Fish House. Or Hazed and Confused by Boulder Beer paired with a Glazed and Confuzed “Da Killa’ Carrot Cake” donut.
This year they have many more breweries and restaurants participating – double for the 2nd annual! And although the pairings aren’t published quite yet (as of this writing), the qualities of breweries and restaurants involved looks pretty darn tasty!
BrüFrou will hold three different events on April 25th. From 11:00am – 12:30pm are the Tasty Talks. This is the public’s opportunity to listen to chefs and brew masters speak about their crafts. The agenda is only in draft form now, and there are three scheduled at this point:
- Denver Food and Beer Trends with Amanda Faison, Food Editor, 5280 Magazine and Geoff Van Dyke, Editorial Director, 5280 Magazine.
- Chef’s Collaborative: Change Menus. Change Lives. With local chef members involved in the sustainable food movement.
- Short talks: Water: Ways of Improvising Beer; Whole Animal Butchery; Barrel Aging; and Wrap-up and Tasting: Philosophies of Pairing.
There is also one 90-minute session that will include beer and/or food tastings with an open question and answer session. The Tasty Talks are limited to only 75 attendees, so if you want to attend any of these talks, you have to get your tickets soon!
There are three ticket options that you can choose from:
- A Full Pairing Ticket for $95, where you can choose from the afternoon or evening session, opportunities to sample additional beers, a BrüFrou Belgian beer tasting glass, and a party plate with a tasting glass holder.
- A Dining Only Ticket for $65, which is a great option for DD’s. This ticket includes all food, but no beer, and you still get the cool party plate.
- A Full Pairing plus the Tasty Talks for $130, and a Dining Only Ticket plus Tasty Talks for $100.
There are also special hotel rates from the Holiday Inn and The Crawford Hotel so be sure to check out BrüFrou’s website for special rates. The site is updated frequently so continue to return to it for updated information. Let us know if you attended the first annual BrüFrou, and if you’re super pumped for the second one!